It’s not just the UK but schools and educational institutions, across the globe are closing to help control the spread of Corona Virus… and rightly so!
Home schooling and working from home is going to be a challenge even for those of us who maybe used to working from home !! I have complied a list of some online resources and some tips that can help parents who maybe feeling anxious!
Remember a couple of things though:
1. We are all human and we can only do our best!
2. All learning does not have to be online!
3. All learning does not come from a worksheet!
4. Our kids need their parents at this scary time!
5. Mental health, engagement, enjoyment during this difficult time are absolutely key for us all!!
Ok – so online resources:
1.The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games.
2. Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
3.Indoor Activities for busy toddlers
4. Play games and learn all about animalshttps://switchzoo.com/
5. Play with fave show characters and learn too https://pbskids.org/
6.Maths and Reading games https://www.funbrain.com/
7.Phonics skills https://www.starfall.com/h/
8.This iconic museum located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover the ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies. https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com/
9. Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss
10. 300,000+ FREE printable worksheets from toddlers to teens
11.Geography and animalshttps://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
12. Maths practice from counting to algebra and geometry
13. Fave kids books read by famous people https://www.storylineonline.net/
14. Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc, https://www.allkidsnetwork.com/
15. BrainPop has a great set of videos, freely available for pupils. https://brainpop.com/
16. Kapture8 records all different types of learning, helps users to reflect and develop a growth mindset. www.kapture8.com
17. Miscellaneous games for all subjects k-8 https://www.funbrain.com/
18. Every course you could possibly want to homeschool preschool – 8 https://allinonehomeschool.com/
19. Randomly generates 356,300,262,144 story starters https://thestorystarter.com/
20. A plethora of science experiments that you can do at home
Remain strong! – Stay safe! – Keep Learning !